We love afternoon tea. Well, what’s not to love? Delicate sandwiches, tasty scones with clotted cream and jam and gorgeous cakes and pastries all swilled down with tea or champagne, if you fancy it!
We’ve done a lot of hard work sampling a number of teas and have listed our London favourites:
- The English Tea Room at Brown’s Hotel, Albemarle Street, London: We’ve visited a number of times, just to be sure, and it’s never let us down. The gluten free option is just as amazing as the non-gluten free version. The surroundings are just as lavish with original wood panelling, antique fireplaces and contemporary artwork.
- Palm Court at The Langham, Portland Place, London: This is a real hidden gem where excellent service and elegance are in equal measure. The food is always beautiful and delicious.
- Ting at Shangri-La, The Shard, London: We tasted both the classic and Asian-inspired versions of afternoon tea. The views of London from the 35th floor of the Shard are breath-taking not to mention the luxury of the sumptuous surroundings.
- The Lanesborough, Mayfair, London: This hotel offers real old school splendour. The classic tea fayre is both delectable and stunningly presented. We just love homemade scones with homemade jam and clotted cream.
- The Athenaeum, Mayfair, London: We think this is another great secret. The food is both pretty and delicious. It’s also surprisingly reasonable for the elegance of a 5-star hotel.
Now that you know where to go let’s focus on what you’re going to wear. As with most things in life it’s all about the finishing touches so how do you accessorise your outfit? Check out our selection of clutch, shoulder and cross-body bags for more inspiration.
We’d love to hear what you think about afternoon tea style in the comments below.
Rent authentic designer bags or earn money by sharing yours.
Love designer bags? Let’s share! Discover our collection today.
Join our mailing list to hear more from us.