What makes a bag iconic and why do we love them so? Some may say it’s all about the design. Others may desire the brand heritage. Or it could be the good old fashioned allure of luxury and exclusivity. Whatever it is, our love affair with designer bag icons seems destined to continue.
We’ve curated 5 of our favourite bag icons to share with you:
- Chanel Classic Flap Bag – Karl Lagerfeld’s 1980s update of Coco Chanel’s 1955 classic, known as the 2:55, instantly recognisable by its now legendary interlocking CC fastening and chain
- Gucci Soho Disco Bag – boxy camera style bag with tassel and iconic interlocking ‘GG’ Gucci logo in modal stitching on the front with leather tassel zip fastener
- Chloe Marcie – satchel with stitch and tassel detailing and the Chloe insignia embossed on the front flap
- Mulberry Bayswater – structured silhouette and clean lines are accented with the brand’s signature postman’s lock
- Stella McCartney Falabella – animal-friendly bag is accented with the label’s signature chain trim and strap
What are your designer bag icons? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Rent authentic designer bags or earn money by sharing yours.
Love designer bags? Let’s share! Discover our collection today.
Join our mailing list to hear more from us.